About our Academics
The Berkeley Institute, a diverse senior school with a rich heritage and tradition of excellence, provides a stimulating learning environment that prepares students to lead full and purposeful lives and to assume leadership roles in both the local and global communities.
To fulfill this mission, The Berkeley Institute:
Provides a rich and stimulating teaching and learning environment that fosters competence, self-reliance, intellectual curiosity and spiritual discernment;
- Encourages students to strive for excellence and to conduct themselves responsibly and with integrity.
- Promotes and recognizes a high level of professional conduct in the administrative and teaching staff.
- Maintains the sense of loyalty, the dedication to duty and commitment to the community which characterizes the Berkeley spirit.
- Ensures that diversity and commonality are valued.
- Encourages Co-curricular activities and community service projects that enhance a student’s education through hands-on experience, training, leadership, interpersonal skills, and teamwork.
- Supports an environment in which students, staff, faculties, and community members participate and contribute.
- Expects parents to support our mission, and to send students to school each day to learn, well-nourished and nurtured, prepared for class, and drug and alcohol-free.