The Berkeley Institute, a diverse senior school with a rich heritage and tradition of excellence, requires a Maintenance HVAC Technician.
The Maintenance HVAC Technician of The Berkeley Institute is responsible for providing maintenance and monitoring services to ensure the proper operation and functioning of the school’s HVAC facilities. The post holder will also assist in general maintenance tasks. The Maintenance HVAC Technician also undertakes associated duties as requested by the Maintenance Supervisor &/or the Director of Facilities. The Maintenance HVAC Technician must be physically fit and be capable of coping with the demands of the job, which may require heavy lifting or small crawl spaces. The post holder must be a mature and reliable individual with a professional appearance and be willing to work as part of the Maintenance team. The post holder is required to have his own means of transportation and will be required to work Monday to Friday from 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. and on occasion may be required to work overtime.
The Maintenance HVAC Technician reports directly to the Director of Facilities. The responsibilities include:
- HVAC Maintenance:
- Responsible for providing a range of maintenance/repair services to ensure the school's HVAC facilities are maintained in proper condition
- Troubleshoot all control devices for the HVAC System
- Supervise and monitor the HVAC service and maintenance contractors to ensure they are carrying out their contractual requirements
- Carry out daily inspections of the Energy Management Systems, follow-up on any problem issues &/or alarms and the programming of EMS as required
- Respond to all HVAC service requests/complaints and place calls to the HVAC support contractor as necessary
- Carry out monthly system checks
- Check belts, filters, etc.
- Check roof fans
- Clean and maintain the mechanical rooms on a monthly basis
- General Maintenance:
- Supervise sub-contractors on a limited basis
- Assist in the installation of shelves, bulletin boards, ceiling tiles, etc.
- Minor electrical, plumbing, door hardware and carpentry repairs
- Driving the Berkeley van for pickups, deliveries and miscellaneous items
- Monitor water levels and quality in potable storage tanks
- Inspection of the Sewage Pumping Station and adding treatment as required
- Associated Duties:
- Painting – interior and exterior walls
- Assist in the set up and breakdown of furniture in the Cafetorium and other rooms throughout the facility
- Undertakes repairs to non-computerized equipment and refers major repairs to the Director of Facilities &/or the Administrative Assistant
- Performs other maintenance functions as required by the Maintenance Supervisor &/or the Director of Facilities
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- The Post holder must have successfully completed the BSSC or equivalent and possess a technical HVAC certification
- A minimum of five years' previous experience in maintaining, repairing and installing HVAC equipment
- At least three years of experience in a large plant/facility
- Proficiency and at least one year’s experience in EMS (Energy Management Systems) operations
If you are looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity, to make a difference in a very dynamic environment, we invite applications from suitably qualified persons for the above position. All applicants must submit a handwritten application form (from the school office) as well as a cover letter/resume detailing qualifications, relevant experience, and two written references to:.
The Office Manager
The Berkeley Institute
P.O. Box HM 2704
Hamilton HM KX
Closing Date: Friday, January 26, 2024
Only Bermudians and or Spouses of Bermudians need apply